The warming sock treatment, also known as the “Magic Socks Treatment” by many, has numerous benefits when it comes to boosting the immune system and promoting health. The warming sock treatment is an at-home hydrotherapy treatment best known for its amazing ability to speed recovery from just about anything that ails you! It is great for children and adults alike.
The therapeutic action of the treatment helps to calm the nervous system, decongest the head and chest areas, and stimulate white blood cell production and immune function to boost healing and repair.
Here’s how the Magic Socks Treatment works.
- 1 pair of cotton socks (at least 60% cotton; thin ankle socks are best)
- 1 pair of wool socks (predominantly synthetic socks will not work)
1. At bedtime: Wet the cotton socks in cold tap water and wring out really well
until they are not dripping. Flatten and place in freezer for about 5-10 minutes.
2. After the cotton socks are placed in the freezer, heat up a hot foot bath and soak your feet in hot water for 2-3 minutes or take a hot shower to “warm up”
3. Remove frozen cotton socks from freezer and allow to thaw until you can bend them. Place cold/wet cotton socks on feet.
4. Pull dry wool socks on over cotton socks (as they will help to wick away the moisture during the night).
5. Go to bed and cover up with warm blankets.
6. While you sleep the “magic” socks will dry as your body has to heat up and increase circulation during the night. When you wake both pairs of socks should be completely dry.
7. Repeat for 3 nights or until fever and congestion have cleared.
It sounds a little crazy, but it’s actually quite soothing and will help promote a good night’s sleep, too. You will wake up with dry, cozy feet…and feeling a whole lot better!DOWNLOAD THIS ARTICLE