Oxygenation Therapies are a unique form of therapy that both heals and detoxifies at the same time. It is used to treat a variety of chronic disease including: cardiovascular disease, diabetes, Lyme disease, chronic hepatitis, herpes, chronic fatigue, chemical sensitivity, macular degeneration, chronic bladder conditions, colitis, autoimmune diseases, and Crohn’s disease.
What Is Ozone?
Ozone is a blue colored form of oxygen (it’s what makes the sky blue) and, unlike regular oxygen, it is composed of three oxygen atoms instead of two. It is the addition of the third oxygen atom that makes ozone “supercharged” oxygen and gives it all of its remarkable medical properties.
Is Ozone Toxic?
Anything can be toxic if given in amounts that exceed our body’s capacity to utilize it. Ozone is found naturally in the body and is made by our white blood cells as part of the immune response. Pure medical grade ozone, when used according to the established medical guidelines, has a safety record that is unparalleled.
Medical Properties Of Ozone
Ozone has five properties that account for why it works so well:
- Ozone is a potent regulator of the immune system. This means that when the immune system is overactive (as in auto-immune disease), ozone will calm it down. Conversely, when the immune system is under active as in cancer, AIDS, and chronic infections, ozone will stimulate it. This unique ability of ozone stems from its action on the membranes of white cells that causes them to produce immune related messenger molecules called cytokines.
- Ozone stimulates increased uptake of oxygen by stimulating the enzyme diphosphoglycerate (DPG). DPG enables the release of oxygen from the hemoglobin molecule so that it can be taken up into the cell. In the absence of an adequate amount of DPG, our cells become starved for oxygen. This is a common problem in diabetics and other chronic diseases where oxygen is underutilized.
- Ozone improves circulation. It does this by enhancing the flow characteristics of blood as a liquid. This effect enables more of the oxygen carrying hemoglobin to reach the capillaries where ultimately the cells will receive more of the oxygen they require. Many patients with chronic inflammatory conditions have impaired circulation.
- Ozone increases antioxidant protection more than any other therapy including vitamin C. Most people with chronic disease have deficient antioxidant defenses.
- Ozone is a powerful mitochondrial stimulant. The fundamental underlying cause behind all degenerative disease from diabetes to heart disease to cancer is decreased mitochondrial energy production. Ozone can often correct this problem.
How Is Ozone Used Medically?
Ozone therapy should only be used by professionals who have been fully trained in its use. Dr. Gemie McLeod has received her training from Dr. Frank Shallenberger, a leading researcher and developer of ozone protocols. She utilizes ozone for various treatment options to include: insufflations, autohemotherapy and prolozone, an injection therapy to help manage and resolve painful joints, discs and address pain from scars.
Is Ozone Therapy For Me?
This is a decision for a doctor who is trained and experienced in the medical use of ozone. Some conditions simply will not clear up unless ozone is used, and of course many conditions will clear up without ozone. Because of its many therapeutic properties, ozone can be used as part of a therapeutic plan for almost every disease.
It is invaluable in the treatment of heart disease and circulatory disorders. Chronic infections such as Hepatitis C, Herpes, Lyme Disease and AIDS respond very favorably to ozone. It is also very helpful in chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and autoimmune diseases (Lupus, Sjogren’s, Rheumatoid Arthritis, etc.).